Just about everything the skin is subjected to during the course of a lifetime, will leave some lasting impression.
Wrinkles, thinning, sagging and dryness are all part of this process.
Probably two of our greatest enemies are sun exposure and gravity which holds us on the planet, but also has a downward dragging effect on the skin.
Mature women are today far more aware than their earlier counterparts, by eating healthier, attending a gym, eliminating the smoking habit and taking advantage of the great number of supplements offered.
Despite all this our bodies will age and the manifestations are obvious on the face, neck and not forgetting a woman's hands.
A positive routine is essential and just because one is more mature there is no reason to neglect this.
Below are some points as a guideline:
- To diligently cleanse and tone are the very basics of skin care
- Gently exfoliating will rid the upper epidermis of dead scaly cells, revealing a fresher, more glowing complexion
If your budget does not allow for salon treatments giving oneself a "mini facial" with massage. It does wonders by stimulating muscle fibres and increasing circulation.
Do remember to use upward movement as to not "pull down" on the skin, incorporating gentle tapping stroking and pinching movements and always working around the eye area from the outer to the inner area to avoid stretching the delicate ligaments.
Patting on your facial products is an advantage too and is more gentle than stroking.
TIPS FROM A DERMATOLOGIST
- Wear sunscreen every single day
- Never neglect protection from ultra violet rays. In fact most foundations today have a built in SPF, blocking harmful rays
- Moisturize after bathing, as absorption appears to be better on a softer skin
- Have regular examinations of the skin especially if lesions become suspect. Age tends to exacerbate changes in moles. "liver spots" and the tissues of the outer, upper nose, prone to rodent ulcers, a "gnawing away" of the tissues and a type of melanoma
- And most important, attempt to manage one's levels of stress, which can wreak havoc on the skin due to the higher levels of the hormone " cortisol" being released
Lastly, in MatsiMela's commitment to attain high standards of purity ' EXFOLIATE, DETOX AND MOISTURIZE with our 100% natural facial sets. Go on and enjoy!